Thursday, July 17, 2014

Crash fix and Discogs integration disabled in 1.3.01

Due to Discogs API removing its XML interface and switching to a JSON-only format, MP3 Diags can no longer access Discogs. This integration will have to be rewritten. Until then, the button that was supposed to call Discogs is disabled, so users no longer try to access it only to see it fail.

There is also a fix for crash that occurred when trying to save very small images (containing just several pixels) in the tag editor.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Note to packagers about translations

One thing I didn't mention in my previous post was that translations are available in the binaries that I provide but some changes may be needed when building binaries without using or You should call to create some .qm files, then copy them somewhere the program can find, probably /usr/share/mp3diags/translations.

If the binary is in a folder <bin_folder>, the programs looks for translations in <bin_folder> and in <bin_folder>/../share/mp3diags/translations

Friday, January 17, 2014

Release candidate promoted to Stable

Finally got around to make 1.2.x the "stable" release, with 1.2.01 being the first version in this series.

For those using the "unstable" branch, this means nothing, but for the rest this replaces what was in 1.0.x.

Among the changes from 1.0:
  • there are translations in Czech, French, and German
  • "shell integration" allows right-clicking on a folder in a file explorer and have that folder open in MP3 Diags
  • you can use "external tools" to open a file or more with some external program from within MP3 Diags
  • a CLI mode is now available, where you can see notes and apply transformations to arbitrary groups of files and folders
  • some bug fixes
While 1.2.01 was supposed to be a direct copy of 1.2.00, I had to get rid of "unstable" in naming, and hopefully that didn't mess up anything. I also included the latest changes to the documentation (see here) and a few changes to make the program compilable with clang.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Some minor fixes in 1.3.00 (unstable)

I couldn't yet find the time to move the 1.2.00 release candidate to the stable branch, but it should happen shortly. Until then, there's a new 1.3.00 unstable which includes a few minor fixes, most notably the project can now be built unchanged with clang(at least on openSUSE 13.1)

Then there is more logging and retrying to help deal with an old and mysterious error that manifests in a random inability to write to files, although there is space on the disk and the user has permissions to write.

Also, I changed a bit the output when using the CLI: now the offset of notes is listed, and the notes are sorted by the offset.